The unit administers cases involving:
- crimes against the Environmental Code with applicable ordinances and regulations,
- work environment crimes and crimes against the Work Environment Act,
- crimes against the Act on Prevention of Pollution from Ships with the applicable ordinances and regulations,
- environmental crimes that are prosecuted with the aid of other primary legislation such as the Penal Code,
- serious hunting crimes regarding protected predatory animals.
Head of the National Unit for Environment and Working Environment Cases is Chief Public Prosecutor Kristina Falk Strand. The national unit has its head office in Malmö.
The national unit conducts activities in five locations in the country: Malmö, Göteborg, Jönköping, Stockholm and Östersund. Each office has a geographical area of responsibility.