Swedish

Press releases

  • The artist, and two men in his company, were prosecuted for assault. Stockholm District Court will give judgment in the case on Wednesday 14 August at 14.00. The prosecutor will be available after the judgment has been announced.

    The three men are suspected of committing assault of a 19-year-old man in central Stockholm on 30 June. After the trial was concluded on 2 August, the men were released from custody by Stockholm District Court. The court will issue the judgement on 14 August at 14.00. Senior Public Prosecutor Daniel Suneson is available per telephone after the judgment has been issued. Case number at Stockholm District Court: B 9283-19 Contact: Senior Public Prosecutor Daniel Suneson, City Public Prosecution Office, Stockholm, +46 10 562 55 93. Available to the media on 14 August at 15.00-16.30. Press Service: +46 10 562 50 20

    Read more
  • The trial regarding suspected assault in Stockholm

    The three individuals held on remand since 5 July on suspicion of committing an assault in central Stockholm have been charged today. One of the individuals concerned is an American artist. The main hearing will start on Tuesday 30 July. The prosecutor will be available via telephone to the media after the main hearing is over.

    Read more

    The three individuals held on remand since 5 July on suspicion of committing an assault in central Stockholm have been charged today. One of the individuals concerned is an American artist. The main hearing will start on Tuesday 30 July. The prosecutor will be available via telephone to the media after the main hearing is over.

    Stockholm District Court, Case No. B 9283-19 Information concerning the schedule, see link to Stockholm District Court Contact After the last day of the trial, public prosecutor Daniel Suneson will be available via telephone.   Press Service +46 10 562 50 20

    Read more
  • Artist to be Prosecuted for Stockholm Assault

    The three individuals held on remand since 5 July on suspicion of committing an assault in central Stockholm have been charged. One of the individuals concerned is an American artist. The public prosecutor will be available to the media via telephone on Thursday morning.

    Read more

    The three individuals held on remand since 5 July on suspicion of committing an assault in central Stockholm have been charged. One of the individuals concerned is an American artist. The public prosecutor will be available to the media via telephone on Thursday morning.

    "I have today commenced criminal proceedings against the three individuals suspected of assault causing actual bodily harm, having come to the conclusion that the events in question constitute a crime and despite claims of self-defence and provocation. In reaching this conclusion, I have studied the videos made available to the inquiry. It is worth noting that I have had access to a greater amount of material than that which has previously been available on the internet. In addition to video material, the injured party’s statements have been supported by witness statements," says public prosecutor Daniel Suneson of the City Public Prosecution Office. The alleged assault took place on 30 June in central Stockholm. The three men who have now been charged were held on the night of 3 July and have been in custody since then. They were initially suspected of aggravated assault. Stockholm District Court decided to remand the three men in custody on 5 July, on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm. "There were initially two injured parties in the case; however, the allegations concerning one of these were dropped due to insufficient supporting evidence. The prosecution I have now brought therefore relates to only one injured party. A counter allegation was also made against one of the injured parties by the artist’s bodyguard. This case was investigated and closed on 22 July," says Daniel Suneson. What happens now? The three individuals will remain on remand until the trial. Stockholm District Court will decide on a date for the trial to commence. The public prosecutor recommends that three days be set aside for the hearing. Stockholm District Court, Case No. B 9283-19 Contact Public prosecutor Daniel Suneson of the City Public Prosecution Office is available to the media via telephone today between 9:00 and 12:00 on +46 (0)10 562 55 93. No interviews will be given by any means other than over the telephone. Interviews may be conducted in Swedish or English. Press Service +46 10 562 50 20   Prosecutor – part of a legal system Swedish prosecutors are independent when making decisions concerning prosecution or coercive measures, such as search and arrest. This means that each prosecutor is solely responsible for his or her decisions, and that these decisions cannot be changed by a prosecutor’s superior, for example. The role of the Ministry of Justice Within the Government Offices, the Ministry of Justice has the primary responsibility for matters relating to the judicial system, including the budgets and administration of the government agencies. The Ministry of Justice may not interfere with the way a government agency applies a law or takes a decision in a specific case in its exercise of public authority. The Swedish judicial system (pdf)

    Read more
  • More press releases

About us

  • About the Swedish Prosecution Authority

    The operative prosecution activities are conducted at seven Public Prosecution Areas and the National Public Prosecution Department. The prosecution areas consist of the country's 32 public prosecution offices, with a geographical sphere of operation that is approximately equivalent to a county. In Stockholm and Malmö there are several local public prosecution offices.

    Read more
  • Read more